Tuesday, November 20, 2012

small steps will add up

We have two meetings down, with our social worker, and two more to go, which are already "in the books" for next week! :)  Every little "meeting" I can check off, means we are one step, however small, closer to meeting our little one!
Here's a picture of the stack of paperwork we turned in yesterday.


As we were leaving today's meeting, I grabbed my purse, Shaun followed behind me and our social worker stopped us at her front door and said..."You know Mitchell family, I've never had a couple who on the first meeting turned in all but one of the items required for their paperwork...and I've been doing this for a while."
I smiled and Shaun laughed, and we walked to the car.  I couldn't help but think that if she only knew the desires of our hearts she wouldn't be the least bit surprised.  And, of course, she is dealing with me...and I work a bit differently than most; sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes not, but in this case it's working in my favor.  :)

-angel



No comments: