Monday, December 31, 2012

Thoughtful Gifts

The past week I was with my family, celebrating the holidays. I LOVED every moment of it.  There is something about being home and just being together; nothing planned, just hanging out, eating good food, good wine, music, conversation...priceless.  
Of course Shaun and I are focused on our adoption, and others who share similar experiences, so my sister, Christie, bought shirts from another family, who like Shaun and I, are trying to raise money for their adoption. I have a picture of the shirt below, but it's kind of hard to read the scripture that's written on the shirt. So below I have a picture of the sweet letter my sister wrote, and the scripture is written in the letter.





I think I like my sister's letter more than anything. 

I also got another thoughtful gift from my great friend, Desi Meza.  It's a scarf, but the neat thing about it is that she did some research and found an organization called, FashionABLE (www.fashionable.com)
The scarf is made from women in Africa, Ethiopia included, and it helps to sustain women with job opportunities. If you have a chance, check out their website. Great idea for meaningful gifts.  Here's a pic with me wearing the scarf, before we headed out! :-) They come in all different colors!





Hope each of you had a Merry Christmas! 
As always, we thank everyone for their support and love.

-Angel 

1 comment:

Jerod and Amanda Foster said...

Looking forward to our rendezvous!! I love you and the SCARF!! My nickname at work is 'scarf twin' apparently there are two of us at my hospital (I wear a scarf everyday).. So I must get one! Anyway, always exciting to learn more about your journey to your baby, inspirational in fact.

As the British Government said in the Second World War KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON.

Prayers daily!
Love you guys and your baby everyday.