Sunday, January 13, 2013

perspective

Hello Family and Friends,

An update...
We are still waiting for our social worker to send us our report, we are going on 7 weeks of waiting for this report.  We were told it would be done within 3-4 weeks. My patience is wearing thin, but there isn't much I can do.  We did hear from her on Friday, and she said we would have it by the afternoon, however, we have yet to of received it.  I'm really hoping we receive it any day now. We can not move forward without it.
I had a couple of "hard" days over the past 7 weeks, because to me every day that I'm waiting is a day longer of me being a mama and a day longer of being separated from our precious one.  On one of "those" days, Shaun so simply reminded me of one thing: God's timing.  He just said, "you know I think that every one of these set backs is a blessing." I've thought about what he said and realized that I really need to work on changing my perspective, at times. I have such a "type A" personality and it can be very difficult for me to leave things to other people, but I what I need to realize is that faith in God means faith in His timing. If I can focus my trust and faith in Him then I will find rest in this process.
Not to say that I can't send friendly e-mail reminders and phone calls! :)
Once we receive the report, Shaun and I will read through it to make sure everything is factually correct, and then we will get it notarized, and send it with our USCIS application. After that, we will wait for an estimated two months to hear back from the government. Once we have heard back from the government we will send all our dossier paperwork to Ethiopia and officially begin the waiting process of our journey.
I'll just be thrilled to be on the waiting list. I'm about sick of paperwork and getting things notarized!
In leaving, I'll leave a pic of Shaun and I wearing our shirts! :-)  They turned our great! If you ordered one, it's on its way!!!!!
As always, we thank each of you for your support!

Angel 












No comments: