Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Good news, good friends, good weekend

I had a good weekend, largely do to receiving the good news that our report was done, and good friends and some other reasons, I'll share. ;)  That's right, folks! The report, we've been so patiently waiting for, is DONE! Getting news of that on Friday definitely helped start the weekend off!  If all goes well, we will be applying, the end of this week, with USCIS.  I know I've said this several times before, but I'll say it again...I can't wait to finally be done with paperwork, and finally be on the waiting list! Paperwork is no fun, yet I know it is necessary to bring our baby home, therefore it SO worth it!
Also, on Friday, we received our first piece of furniture for our baby!! (thanks mom and dad)  I love receiving anything for our baby, it feels so good, not just because it's a gift, (I mean who doesn't love a gift), but it makes everything more real to me.
I love it! It rocks back and forth, AND turns side-to-side! haha! The little things always get me.  :)
How I can't wait to sit in that chair and rock back and forth, back and forth, how I can't wait to be so tired and sleep deprived. The things I long for...



Saturday night we had dinner with the Lewis family, who are a great inspiration and support for Shaun and I, being that they too have adopted from Ethiopia.  It's so refreshing talking with those who understand your frustrations, fears, excitement, moments of joy, and heart for adoption...not to mention they were ever so kind to buy us a baby book for our precious one. I love it, because it is tailored for families who adopt, another way to help us share our story.
I have few pics of it below.   :)








Lastly, on Sunday evening, we had dinner with Des and Robert, dear friends of Shaun and I. Dinner with them is always great, largely because we have such good conversations and Robert is a pretty a good cook. While they were in New Hampshire, visiting Des' family, they bought our little one a onezie, and I must say that I LOVE what is says!
Over dinner, Des and I were talking and she said something that really resonated within me.
We were talking about just how difficult it is to wait for something that your heart, your soul, your body yearns for. She, too, had her struggles becoming a mom.  In the midst of our conversation, she said, "Angel, I would of waited ten years, twenty years for Mason...he is worth the wait and so much more." 
I love that.
I love how there are moments when someone will say something to you, and it hits you, it just does something within you. 


In closing, I just want to say that God is good. He always provides, in His own way and in His own timing, He provides exactly what we need. He works through others, through us, to teach us, and to show us His way. God is good. 

-angel 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the chair!! Our Mila will love cuddling in her chair with you. Love, mom